Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dress-Up Play: DIY Dress-Up Station

The proverbial apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so it should be no surprise that my three-year-old likes playing dress-up as much as her mom does.

Of course, she has her "camping" clothes, which, believe it or not, are her favorites:

Cheesy grin indicative of loving "red camp dress."

At home, she took to wrapping blankets and towels around herself to simulate the "dressing up" experience, so we decided to make a dress-up station for her for Christmas.

The husband crafted a wooden clothing rod, including decorative brackets as "feet," and I painted it white to coordinate with her room:





The addition of her dresses:


Then we added a basket for accessories (a girl needs accessories, right?), including tutus, animal masks, a pirate hat, and fairy wings.


E loves that she can pick her own "outfit" from the rack--now to work on putting the clothes away between costume changes!

PS--Where to find inexpensive dress-up options? After Halloween sales at discount places like Marshall's or TJ Maxx.  I cleaned up!  I'd love to sew her more dress-up clothes, but it's hard to find time!

2 comments:

Connie Keller said...

What a great idea! I'm sure your daughter loves it.

(Nothing quite as much fun as playing dress-up. The last time I got to do that was when I hosted a '40s murder dinner. Need to do that again--it was so much fun.)

Rowenna said...

Thanks! Yes--I need more excuses for dress-up in my life :)