Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Emerald Gown Steps Out: A Brief Tableau

I was one lucky skunk and got to go to a fantastic swing dance with the Husband last weekend:


It was awesome...so great, in fact, that I utterly failed to get pictures at the event.  

Fortunately, I made the Husband snap a few before we headed out the door, so you can see how the gown looks on a person.  On a me, to be precise:



A word of admission--the photos above were cropped. Here's how things actually went down:

Toddler: Hey, mom, nice dress.
Me: Thanks!


Toddler: Yay! Mommy likes her dress, too!  Maybe now she'll read me this book.
Me: Not yet, tiny person.

Toddler: But wait, the world pretty much revolves around me...
....
Uh-oh, Daddy's really dressed up, too...


Toddler: What the cheese, are you guys ditching me tonight?

Indeed, we were ditching The Toddler.  Fret not, she had a lovely evening with her favorite sitter.

2 comments:

Black Tulip said...

Lovely dress, and it looks fantastic on you. I'm in awe of your lapped seams on such a tricky fabric! Love the belt as well - having read the previous post, I think it really works.

Rowenna said...

Thanks, Tulip! The lapped seam was tricky, but I learned a lot doing it, and I'm glad I gave it a go!