Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What I'm Sewing Now: Heading Into Winter

Whoops!  I haven't updated in ages!

But I've been sewing.

A lot.

The fall reenacting season ended with a challenge, a gentlemen's agreement, and a plan.  How so?  My husband needs a new regimental coat. I hate tailoring men's clothing.   A friend of mine has skill in men's tailing and a significant other who needs clothes.  I love making ladies' clothes.  So? An arrangement was born.

I then picked up another "assignment" to make a friend new reenacting clothing.

I also am sewing all the buttonholes for the regimental coat.

So, I am currently:

1) Working on buttonholes.  I finished a cuff.  This is going to take a while.  For those not aware of the extent this job requires, officer's coats had extended buttonholes that (but of course) need to be hand-stitched.  They look divine.  They take quite a while.

2) Making two "basic wardrobes" consisting of a shift, two petticoats, a bedgown, an apron, and a cap for my friends.  Stays and a gown will probably happen for one or both ladies next year.  So far I have an apron and a bedgown finished, and four petticoats in various stages of completion.

3) My own pair of new stays.  Those are finished.  And pretty--I promise a post about them soon!

4) Hopefully, a new gown for myself.  I have this delightful greensyblue linen that I want to roll around in that I plan to make into an en fourreau gown.

I'm going to try to treat this blog as my accountabilibuddy in terms of finishing all of this.  Keep me honest, folks!

No comments: