Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back, and with Baby Clothes!

So, I fell off the face of the earth for awhile--sorry about that!  Crazy thing about falling off the face of the earth--they have babies there!  I brought one back with me:


She's ok, we think we'll keep her.

Of course, if she was going to roll with me, she needed some 18th century clothing...and quick!  Because her first event was when she was just over a month old, at the end of October.

We did quickie projects out of linen I already had on hand, with flash-fast patterns drafted with a little help from Sharon Burnston's fabulous website.  If you need 18th century infant clothes, check out her site!  Free patterns and all the research you could want.

That said--we had to fudge because I didn't have time to do a full baby linen set.  Instead, Baby E got a long shirt (fudge alert--did this instead of the shorter shirt and separate petticoat), a cap, and a bedgown.  

Here she is wearing the shirt and cap:



Think she might be trying to gnaw on my mother's arm because she knows we fudged her outfit?  Nah, probably just hungry. Again.

Yeah, that's it.  Little imp.


 Better pics and construction notes to come, plus pics of the bedgown and (teaser alert!) photos of Baby E's gorgeous baby gift--an original embroidered baby cap.

5 comments:

Clare said...

Awww, bless! I was waiting and wondering if you were going to reveal the little'un! Very cute (and I'm not even a baby person, so you know I mean it!) and her outfit suits her very well indeed. :)

Congratulations again, hon. X

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

What a cutie poppet! Of course! Lovely to hear form you and I am sure we all understand about the disappearing act!

Carrie Callaghan said...

Oooh scrumptious adorable! Congratulations! And kudos on getting her suited up mighty quick :)

Angela said...

Oh my gosh! She is beautiful! Happy thanksgiving and many continued blessings for you and your loved ones. Welcome back!

Sew18thCentury.com said...

She's beautiful, congratulations!!