Saturday, July 14, 2012

Maternity Ensemble in Action

Just a quick pic showing that--yay!--clothing adjusted for maternity wearing continues to work.  The gestational stays allow the gowns and jackets I already owned to fit in the back and top of the bodice, and a generous stomacher covers the expanding portion of me.  You can see as well that the petticoats continue to hike upwards.

And what in the world am I holding?  A sponge-ram, for our cannon (sponge for cleaning out the bore at the top, ramrod for charging the piece at the bottom, like an oversized multitool).  The artillery piece was being moved and I was pitching in by holding onto some gear.  Yes, I'm being a good girl and not moving cannons while pregnant!

9 comments:

Connie Keller said...

What a lovely photo! I'm glad you're feeling well and able to keep re-enacting.

Angela said...

Glad the ensemble is working out for you. Glad you are well and enjoying your pregnancy. Take care.

Caroline said...

You're so cute! Sorry, I just had to say. :-)

Clare said...

The ensemble looks lovely! Well done on carrying the historical maternity look off! I saw these on the V&A site and thought of you (not 18th C, I know, but it's interesting to see the maternity adjustments): http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O355208/corset-unknown/

Carrie C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie C said...

Rowenna, I am so behind on my blog reading, I didn't know you were pregnant! I'm thrilled for you. Becoming a mother will be such a beautiful experience for you. I hope you'll keep us posted :)

Demitria said...

Congratulations and great picture!!

Angela said...

Rowenna, I know you are busy m'dear but if you see this take a peek at my blog, I have a wee bit of surprise for you. Cheers.

lahbluebonnet said...

Hi! I found your blog a few months ago (and your writing blog) and have enjoyed your posts. Congratulations on your pregnancy...and I hope you and baby are doing well! I have an award for you on my blog!
http://teacupsamongthefabric.blogspot.com/2012/10/sewing-with-babies-award.html
Laurie