Thursday, October 27, 2011

Busy Fall Things

Stuff I did this week that will someday be posted here for your enjoyment:

1) Pumpkin pie from scratch. Not as hard as feared. As yet untasted.

2) Finished the short cloak--as in, finished the edges. With fancy-schmancy matching silk ribbon. Hours of hand-sewing to Mad Men on Netflix, folks. (Sidenote: Is it coincidence or subconciously driven Mad Men aesthetics that have made me wear skirts and dresses almost every day the last couple weeks?)

3) Fixed Felicity's balance problem. My dress form was missing a couple slats on her stand--and she fell over a lot. Sometimes on me. Crafty solution achieved.

4) Solved my "no light to sew by in the living room" problem (making #2 possible without loss of eyesight).

5) Prepped for this weekend--the last event of the season. Kentuckians, take note.

6) Considering that my 300th post passed without notice and thinking about a little virtual shindig for the 350th. Thoughts? Would ya'll like a contest, a giveaway, a linkey-do-celebration?

1 comment:

Connie Keller said...

Congrats on finishing the cloak!

Have fun at the reenactment--I hope it's not too cold.