Saturday, August 27, 2011

Meet Felicity--the Newest Addition to my Sewing Room

I've had need for some time of a dress form. I can certainly complete projects without it--but draping on oneself is not only tricky, it's stabby. I've driven a pin into myself more times than I care to admit!

So I started trolling craigslist and freecycle, garage sales and secondhand shops, looking for a quiet little friend to stand in the corner of my sewing room and lend me a hand.

I brought Felicity home last week.

Why Felicity? Becase getting her was rather, well, felicitous. I was having very little luck finding anything within my budget, and came across a listing on craigslist with a price I was happy to pay. Unfortunately, the listing was over an hour away.

But remember how I live in a college town? The young lady selling the form was transferring to the university I work for--so a couple emails and a quick visit to a dorm parking lot, and I had Felicity in the backseat.



She is ever so patient with my draping and finagling, and even likes having pins poked into her.

And yes, she's currently modeling the Sapphire Gown. The drape of chiffon on her has been pleated, pinned, draped, and tucked about a dozen times--experimenting is such fun!


4 comments:

dolleygurl said...

Yay! So glad you found her!

anachronist said...

A great helper - one that never fusses or complains and never gets bored! So glad you managed to secure that one!

Carrie C said...

Cool!! Good for you!

Connie Keller said...

Ack. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted one. Is it as wonderful as I've always imagined?!