Monday, May 30, 2011

The Prettiest Cannon in the Land

Remember the canon painting party? Our beautified three-pounder was back in action this weekend, and I have to make like one of those grandmas with a purse full of grandkid photos and share how good he looked:

Fellow lady of the artillery and I getting ready to move him--I'm carrying the implements used to clean his barrel out between rounds, and my lady comrade is carrying the stuff used to fire him. Plus drinking water. Because it was kinda hot. As in about 90 degrees.


I'm making like Molly Pitcher and working the front of the gun during a tactitcal demonstration.

Awwww! Doesn't he look precious, all freshly painted?

And--I wore the Hat of Win this weekend, on Sunday...but I haven't found any pics of it. What I can say is that I stabbed it through my hair with a couple of pins, and despite many gusts of strong wind, it didn't budge. I may have experienced near whiplash, but the hat stayed on my head.

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day--as my friend said, if you see one of those older guys or gals wearing one of those hats (and I know you know what I mean when I say "those hats"--the embroidered ones that let you know he or she served) take a second to say thank you.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Awesome pictures!! I really want to re-enact...

anachronist said...

I would never guess I might be saying it but it really is one beautiful cannon! You did a splendid job! Lovely pics btw!

Rowenna said...

Thanks! I can't take credit for the pics--they were taken by a friend of mine.