Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bring on the Wool!

We're taking off for Wisconsin for a reenactment this weekend--and surprise of all surprises, I checked the weather and it's looking to be cool and windy! I can't wait to break out the wool--my favorite little wool jacket, a wool coat to cut the chill at night, wool blankets piled on the bed.

It's going to be in the 40s at night--in more than one way, in fact! Yes, the temperatures are set to dip that low, but we're also time-travelling from the eighteenth century to World War II on Saturday evening for a USO dance. As I'm sure you can imagine, many of us are history nuts in more than one era, and at this event we celebrate that by holding a swing dance. Many of the guys do WWII reenactment as well, as show up in their Class A's--and we ladies love an excuse to wear stockings and a nice hat.

Hopefully I'll remember to actually take pictures this year--usually I fail at that.

6 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

Please take pictures! I love seeing all the costumes :)

http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

Connie said...

I love wool!! And linen, silk, and cotton. Okay, I love natural fabrics--the textures, the feel, the drape, etc.

I have a lovely wool jacket I sewed this summer--I can't wait to wear it.

Sarah Johnson said...

That sounds like so much fun! And the 40 degrees at night sounds appealing, too... I'm getting tired of 90s in the shade :)

sharmon said...

Yippee! Is this where you get to wear your new silk dress? Anyway, have a blast! And, yes, there must be pics :-)

Lua said...

Oh I can’t wait for the weather to cool down a bit over here! :)
Have a great time and please take pictures!

Miss Rosemary said...

I feel I'll have to invest in wool, since I'm in sunny London! But I'll have to find some that's been waterproofed already!

Please take pictures, I want to see. I've never been anywhere off the east coast in the US.