Thursday, July 22, 2010

Until next week...

I'm heading off to a wedding this weekend--am very excited as it's a dear friend and I am in the wedding party. The only downside? Have to fix my own hair. I am not skilled at dressing hair, and my hair is most obdurate. I need this guy:



So, think I'd get kicked out of the wedding if I showed up with ostrich plumes taller than the groom bobbing from my head?

Enjoy the weekend! Will be jaunting around a bit after the wedding, so I'll be gone 'til this time next week.

In the meantime, check out this week's bit on shifts (ever so exciting, shifts are) and enter to win one (or, fine, a shirt--for the maybe three boys who might be reading this rose-bedecked blog).

9 comments:

Miss Rosemary said...

HAHA! I'd let you stay. lol have fun :)

kimberlyloomis said...

Lol! I'd certainly get a kick out of it! Of course if it were my wedding you would have had to pack those ostrich plumes and brought them to Jamaica - but such dedication would not have gone unacknowledged by me. :) Hope you have a wonderful time!

Lua said...

haha Oh I’m terrible at dressing my own hair so I understand your concerns :) But don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be beautiful no matter what. Have fun at the wedding!

Jill Domschot aka Arabella said...

But couldn't you go with hair all long and flowing? I'm terrible at hair, too. I think I need a lady's maid.

Kat Zhang said...

Hello, Rowenna! Wow, things have been so hectic over here. I feel like I haven't checked in on your awesome blog in a while. Hope you enjoyed your friend's wedding :D Meanwhile, I'll go and read the backlog of posts I've missed.

Rowenna said...

Thanks, ladies :) I did enjoy the wedding! Oh, Jill, I wish I could have worn my hair down...but humidity in the Midwest in summer plus my curly hair means nothing but trouble.

Ax said...

Saw that guy and laughed. I know the feeling. Curly haired people unite! :)

Rowenna said...

No kidding, Axie--I understand from my dad that we can blame/thank Grandpa Arthur for our hair if we need a scapegoat. :)

Leah Marie Brown said...

PLEASE, PLEASE go to the wedding with 6 foot high ostrich plumes (and perhaps a toy sailboat) in your hair. And post the picture.