Saturday, July 17, 2010

Projects Galore!

First off, nicely done, you boring old shifts and shirts. Looks like you tied with the dream gown for first in the poll--which means I'm forced to tackle you next. You smug little white linen smocks, you.

So--decision is, I will be on the lookout for the perfect fabric for the perfect sacque. And as I don't expect that to materialize immediately, I'll spend the meantime cutting, piecing, and whipping together some basic undergarments. The bolt and the scissors will come out tonight or tomorrow...watch for pics and a quick tutorial on how to cut a basic shift! And not to worry, those who voted for the stays...those are still on the docket. Perhaps as a winter project. By the way, am I surprised or not surprised that boy clothes didn't garner a single vote? :)

This morning I took advantage of the summer farmer's market and bought a bushel (well, not quite literally, but close) of tomatoes. There's currently sauce simmering on the stove--and as canning and preserving food is synonymous with the Victory Gardens of WWII, the setting of the WIP, I'll be doing a post on my experience with the sauce soon! You know, if it doesn't taste like crap.

Finally...a highly productive evening, night, and morning has left me with only two stubborn scenes to write for my revision. End is in sign. Purple pens, I'll have work for you tomorrow...

2 comments:

GentlewomanThief said...

Wee, good luck with the revision scenes... I just need another bazillion words and then I'll be getting out the coloured pens too (I have a turquoise, a pink and a traditional red, depending on my mood!).

Those pesky shifts - I'm the lone stays voter!

Rowenna said...

Thanks :) The stays will happen at some point, if for no other reason than eventual necessity!