Monday, January 18, 2010

Writerly Update

*Had a crazy productive weekend--5000 words, blame football. Yes, when teams my husband likes are playing, I become a football widow. Don't feel too sorry--it breeds productivity.

*Completely inspired for the ballet scene I wanted to write by this:




OK, I know little to nothing about ballet (except that, according to one of my best friend's sister, a professional dancer, I have ballerina feet--who knew?). But I know that this is absolute sheer beauty.

*Still have a full and a partial out with agents. Didn't hear from agent I was really hoping would dig my query and it's been two weeks. Need to realize I should send more than 12 queries before beginning to tear my own hair out. Beginning to truly loathe waiting.

*Learning that productivity is addictive. I don't want to go to work at all this week--I want to sit in my room, brooding and typing and going through too much coffee and wine. Mustn't waste the last hours of the holiday weekend

2 comments:

missbluestocking said...

Holy Canoly (as Val would say), how come you didn't write about your querying stage?! I feel like I missed a whole chunk of your journey to publication! You need to fill me in via FB or whatever. Unless the querying stage passed by similar to mine: a handful of queries set & rejections & hair pulling.

Oh! And a partial and full request? OOoooh lala. I can't wait to have your books shelved at my local bookstore

Rowenna said...

Thanks June! I will message you on FB on querying...isn't it such fun?